Contract Changes Ratified January 13th, 2020
Salary Schedule Adjunct, Affiliate and Associate Faculty
Adjunct parity pay
Effective July 1, 2019, the adjunct (Adjunct, Affiliate, Associate) salary rates of pay will be paid according to a new model, where the adjunct’s salary is set as a percentage of the new full-time, Step A rate of pay found in Appendix A and is $62,049. Alternatively, adjunct faculty who would receive a greater rate of pay under the 9.0% general wage increase will receive the general wage increase until such time as the percentage of Step A is greater than said general wage increase. Both wage increases will be retroactively applied to all bargaining unit members employed at the time of ratification.
a. Effective July 1, 2019: the adjunct rate of pay will be 65% of Step A in Appendix A
b. Effective July 1, 2020: the adjunct rate of pay will be 67% of Step A in Appendix A.
c. Effective July 1, 2021: the adjunct rate of pay will be 69% of Step A in Appendix A.
d. Effective July 1, 2022: the adjunct rate of pay will be 72% of Step A in Appendix A.
Parity pay is calculated as a percentage of the annual or per quarter salary for the full teaching load for each employee. The wage is based on a percentage of the base rate for full time faculty - $62,049
For 13 load a workload of 10 credits would be 10/13 = 76.9% of 65% of full time ($20,683 per quarter). $20,683 x 0.769 x 0.65 = $10,338 per quarter.
For 15 load a workload of 10 credits would be 10/15 = 66.6% of 65% of full time (20,683 per quarter). $20,683 x 0.666 x 0.65 = $8,954 per quarter.
For 18 load a workload of 10 credits would be 10/18 = 55.5% of 65% of full time (20,683 per quarter). $20,683 x 0.555 x 0.65 = $7,452 per quarter.
In this example, the 18 load part-time faculty should be paid on the appropriate adjunct hourly rate, which will give a per quarter wage of $8,423, including two finals.
When determining load for parity pay versus hourly pay based on appendix B, the determination will be made on total contact hours teaching, not on the type of contact (lab or lecture) in determining whether to apply parity pay. For example if a faculty member is teaching 6 hours of lecture and 4 hours of lab in a 16 contact hour department, their load will be considered as 10/16 for parity. This parity wage would be compared to a 6 lecture, 4 lab plus final exams wage found using appendix B and the greater of the two wages would be paid to the faculty member.
Part-time, non-parity wages
- Lecture: $73.68
- Lab: $62.92
- Final exam flat rate: $142.60
Affiliate / Moonlight
- Lecture: $83.30
- Lab: $72.43
- Final exam flat rate: $162.97
- Lecture: $84.66
- Lab: $73.56
- Final exam flat rate: $165.23
Here's a wage calculator created by Professor Bruce Elgort Adjunct Pay Calculator
Vocational Stipend (Associate adjunct) - $500
Earned Doctorate Stipend (Associate adjunct) - $900
Clark College eLearning Professional Certification (completion of eLearning 101, 201, 210, Applying the Quality Matter rubric, Standards met in Quality Matters review) – one time $500 stipend
Part-time - Professional Development and Training
Part-time professors will be required and compensated for (at the affiliate rate) two hours of PPI and Higher Ed online training through Human Resources.
Each part-time professor will now have access to up to $750 of professional development funding each year.
Salary Schedule Full-time Faculty
Appendix A -- New salary schedule 2021-22 (including 1.7% COLA for 2021-22)
Clarification of 2019-20 salary schedule
1. Effective July 1, 2019, the removal of Step A from the full-time salary schedule. All employees at Step A at the time of ratification will be moved to the new Step A, former Step B. All related increased wages will be retroactively applied to all bargaining unit members employed at the time of ratification.
2. Effective July 1, 2019, the replacement of the Full Professor position with a new Step H, retitled as Step G due to the agreed upon removal of step A. This step shall be at the rate of pay currently paid to full professors.
3. Effective July 1, 2019, all employees currently placed on Step G who are eligible to move steps in accordance with the requirements outlined in Article IV, Section C shall be placed on the new Step H, retitled Step G. All related increased wages will be retroactively applied to all bargaining unit members employed at the time of ratification.
4. Any step increases earned by faculty during the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 academic years shall be applied and faculty moved to their earned step. All related increased wages will be retroactively applied to all bargaining unit members employed at the time of ratification.
- Full-time faculty advising: Contingent upon completion of the advisor training, full-time faculty will be compensated $25 for each advisee in excess of 12 per quarter.
- Full-time faculty will be compensated a pro-rated salary for teaching during the summer if required to teach a year-round program.
- ASCC Program Directors will now be part of the CCAHE bargaining unit.
- Division Leadership will now be evaluated.
- Tenure candidates will choose one committee member and have the option to change a member during their second year. Each candidate will be assigned a mentor.